ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 5-Person Tent
$128.14 42% Off
- EAN: 0703438552393
- In Stock
- Usually ships in 24 hours
- Free Standing 2 Pole Design with Shock Corded Fiberglass Poles
- Great Ventilation with 2 zippered windows (in the doors) and large side mesh panels
- Weatherproof Fly with a Ridge Pole provides an Awning over each Door
- Factory Sealed Fly & Floor Seams give best weather protection
- Easy Entry with 2 Doors and "single zip operation"
The Meramac series tents are all free standing 2-pole designs with shock corded fiberglass poles and aluminum ferrules. The ferrules are the "connectors" that hold the poles together and we use aluminum, rather than steel, because aluminum can never rust. Our fiberglass poles are also normally one size larger than normal to offer you a sturdier, stronger tent. We use lightweight but strong polyester fabrics. The walls are uncoated so the tent can "breathe" under the urethane coated fly. The fly uses a pole in the top, which gives you an awning over each door for excellent rain protection. Our fly is full length on the sides, not 3/4 length like some others on the market, for better weather protection. We even have our factory seal the seams on the floor and fly for maximum water repellency. Entry and exit are enhanced with 2 doors, which means if you have to get out at night, you don't need to crawl over the others to get to the only door. The second door is also nice for extra ventilation in hot, muggy weather. Our door zippers are a #8, which is one size larger than most, for extra durability.